What is Field Service Management Software?
Field service management (FSM) refers to the management of a company’s resources employed at or en route to the property of clients, rather than on company property. Examples include locating vehicles, managing worker activity, scheduling and dispatching work, ensuring driver safety, and integrating the management of such activities with inventory, billing, accounting and other back-office systems. FSM most commonly refers to companies who need to manage installation, service or repairs of systems or equipment. It can also refer to software and cloud-based platforms that aid in field service management.
Field service management is used to manage resources in several industries.
• In telecommunications and cable industry, technicians who install cable or run phone lines into residences or business establishments.
• In healthcare, mobile nurses who provide in-home care for elderly or disabled.
• In gas utilities, engineers who are dispatched to investigate and repair suspected leaks.
• In heavy engineering, mining, industrial and manufacturing, technicians dispatched for preventative maintenance and repair.
• In property maintenance, including landscaping, irrigation, and home and office cleaning.
• In HVAC industry, technicians have the expertise and equipment to investigate units in residential, commercial and industrial environments.
Kyros’s Field service management suite is a complete management software solution for field service business.
Kyros FSM Cloud-based software has all technicians, dispatchers and managers working out of one portal. For those looking to deliver exceptional service and have a full end-to-end experience, field service management software is the tool to deliver it with.
As customer demands change, the logistics of those demands become a challenge for any service-based business. It’s a complex challenge to deliver exceptional service to all your customers. So, many leaders started turning to a software solution that would handle all aspects of field service management in one cloud-based system.
Field service management software is designed for what it says – to manage field service. That includes everything from the work orders your technicians complete, to the contracts you sign to the invoices going out the door. And because of the advances in cloud-based technology, it’s now accessible to everyone in the business, from any location, giving the same access to vital service information to technicians, dispatchers and managers.